7. Using Prodigies in the Elementary School Music Classroom
Using Prodigies in the Elementary School Music Classroom
How you use Primary Prodigies in your classroom will be largely up to you. What technology, what instruments, what space, time etc etc. will all play into exactly how you use it.
Getting familiar with the series as described in the link above will give you a ton of ideas already.
But, assuming you have zero experience teaching music, and assuming you're working with absolutely nothing else but the Prodigies Curriculum, below is a good look at what a sample lesson might look like.
~ 45 Minute Lesson
Make sure to check out the links above and for some other school-age resources, check out some of our favorite blog posts below:
- Orff Arrangement of "Remember Me" from Disney Pixar's Coco
- Free Colorful Sheet Music - "You're a Grand Old Flag" and "Star Spangled Banner"
- Teaching Your Kids to Sing In Tune - The Magic of the Solfege Hand-Signs
- Star Wars Theme for Boomwhackers or Bells
- "Name that Note" Listening Game Episode
- Primary Prodigies Introduction
- Lightly Row Performance Track
- Top 10 Classical Pieces for Kids
- Recorder Prodigies Introduction
- Reading Rhythms in a Circle
- Music Animation Machine - YouTube Channel Review
- Prodigies - not just for Preschoolers